Water System Program Manager
Mira Loma, CA 91752
Project Partners has immediate opening for a Water System Program Manager who is accountable for ensuring the delivery and completion of capital projects on time and within budget by stewarding projects from inception to closing. The Program Manager will be accountable for ensuring multiple assigned projects are completed on time and within budget by hands on project management, completing tasks and projects in an efficient manner. The Program Manager will develop CIP project scope, RFPs, assist in the selection of consultant, conduct consultant management, and coordinate various construction and commissioning activities. Other responsibilities could include supporting projects in Operations as well as Water Quality departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage assigned capital projects
- Manage assigned capital projects while working closely with and balancing the needs of operations, customer service, engineering design, and water quality functions and
- Prepares, monitors and reports on project schedules and budgets and implements corrective actions when needed.
- Monitors quality control and inspection activities on assigned projects and implements corrective actions when required.
- Approves vendor and contractor payment requests.
- Coordinates field changes with appropriate engineering staff.
- Prepares and presents to management periodic reports on progress of assigned capital projects.
- Ensures that legal, regulatory and company requirements and commitments are met with respect to assigned capital projects.
- Represents or assists in representing organization in public settings with respect to projects.
- Help resolves issues with vendors and/or contractors regarding commencement, execution and completion of construction projects.
- Bachelors Degree in civil, mechanical, or environmental engineering
- registration as a professional engineer desired
- No less than 10 years of relevant experience in managing public utility projects.
- Knowledge of and experience using project management software (particularly
- Primavera and MS Project) preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication and analytical skills.
- May include but not limited to standing, walking, bending, pulling and/or pushing, grasping, lifting, reaching, stooping and crouching, color determination, typing, sitting, reading, speaking and listening.
Qualities of a Successful Water System Program Manager:
- Flexible, thoughtful, accountable, and passionate about work
- Willingness to learn
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent customer service support and interventions with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Highly organized /Goal driven /Approachable
- Ability to make independent sound decisions in a timely manner
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
Web Based Learning, Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint and other applicable software.
Working Knowledge: Principles and practices of project management, construction management, planning, and budgeting, safe work practices; familiarity with meeting the requests of the regulators that provide over site of utilities and their projects, including utility commissions or boards, health service departments and various federal and state agencies, plus knowledge of fire department and other local agency regulations as they pertain to the construction and installation of water supply and distribution projects.
Ability to: Analyze data on project budgets and schedules and identify and implement corrective actions; communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing; make effective, professional presentations to a wide variety of audiences, such as community groups, schools, businesses and public commissions; write and create technical publications, reports, training curricula, brochures and other materials to inform and persuade the public about capital improvement programs; establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinate staff, peers, professional associates and with the general public; supervise, train and evaluate staff.
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing