Water Shed Manager
Riverside, CA 92503
Project Partners is seeking a seasoned Project Manager to assist the Santa Ana Watershed Project Authority with the containment of Arundo Donax and other non-native plants on third-party owned parcels in the Riverside area. The objective of this role is to assist in obtaining the land owner’s consent in gaining access to the land where the invasive species is located so it can be removed, and prevent seedling “wash down” in an effort to contain the problem and conserve water. Our ideal candidate is a Senior Public Works employee with 10+ years of experience working directly with the public, as the role will require a significant amount of interfacing with landowners to effectively complete the project.
Services to include but not limited to:
- Performs title searches of third-party parcel owners in project site areas & acquires their contact information through use of county assessor records
- Contacts third-party parcel owners with the intent of getting them to sign a right of entry agreement for removal of Arundo Donax
- Provides detailed information to third-party parcel owners describing the type of work that will be performed on their property & educates them on the negative aspects of invasive species
- Obtains signed right of entry agreement from third-party parcel owners, or if they already have existing right of entry templates, works to execute agreements
- Reviews and executes any specialized conditions the third-party parcel owner requests
- Coordinates project with the Santa Ana Watershed Project Authority and third-party parcel owners
- Tracks all project sites, project site issues, and statuses through Excel
- Interfaces with third-party parcel owners to minimize impact of works throughout the project
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- Minimum 10 years of public works project management experience
- Ability to influence and effectively negotiate
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Possession of a valid Driver’s license and car insurance
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing