Water Quality Technician
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
Project Partners has an immediate need for a part-time (up to 20 hours per week) Potable Water Quality Technician to assist a public-sector client in the Fountain Valley area. Our ideal candidate is an experience water quality technician with strong working knowledge of water quality monitoring procedures, cross connection control, and backflow prevention programs.
The Potable Water Quality Technician will perform inspections, tests, maintenance, and repair for water lines, meters, connections, pumps, lift stations, engines, and wells. They will also develop and implement water quality monitoring programs for potable water use and consumption; read and interpret changes in state and federal water regulations; conduct technical inspections to ensure regulatory compliance; and prepare reports during inspections.
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent
- Minimum 3-4 years of municipal water operations experience
- D2 Water Distribution certificate required
- T2 Water Treatment certificate required within 1 year of appointment
- Backflow Prevention Device Tester Certification from the Orange County Public Health Department required
- American Waterworks Associate Cross Connection Specialist Certification is required within 1 year of appointment
- Strong working knowledge of federal, state, and local laws concerning residential, industrial, and commercial water quality, backflow prevention, and cross connection control
- Ability to lift 100 lbs.
- Federal and state water standards for inspection criteria and testing techniques
- Possession of a valid CA Driver’s license
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing