Water Quality Specialist
Huntingtn Bch, CA 92648 US
Project Partners is seeking an experienced Water Quality Specialist with 5+ years of experience to assist our public client in the Huntington Beach area. The position will be on-site and part-time (approximately 20 hours per week).
The Water Quality Specialist duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Collects water samples at all sources including wells, reservoirs and import connections
- Compiles and reports all monitoring data to various regulatory agencies
- Performs various types of water analysis such as chlorine residuals, general physicals, nitrifications, and fluoride
- Reviews the results of test samples and produces various public reports
- Reviews and inputs backflow prevention device test reports
- Gives verbal and written directives to public water customers, contractors, developers, and property owners to inform and enforce cross connection regulations
- Maintains records and files on tests conducted, backflow device testing and survey inspections in compliance with regulatory standards
The selected candidate will gain key public sector experience that can effectively position the candidate to pursue and obtain key, sought-after public sector jobs.
The Water Quality Specialist will have:
- Associate’s degree or two years’ college level coursework in water utility science, biology or other related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in water systems within a municipality, special district, or regulatory agency, with experience maintaining, coordinating and administering a cross connection program
- D1 Water Distribution Operator or T1 Water Treatment Operator Certificate is desired
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. (i.e., without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship in the U.S.)
- Valid CA Driver’s License and proof of insurance
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.