Water Plan Check Engineer
anaheim, ca Anaheim, CA 92805
Project Partners has an immediate need for a Water Plan Check Engineer to assist a local municipality with advanced water system Plan Checking. The selected engineer will assist with the following duties:
- Support Water Engineering by plan checking relative to applicable codes and collaborating with other departments and external entities relative to plan check comments.
- Review Water Improvement Plans for individual sites applying for private development entitlements; review hydraulic reports and calculations for individual sites based on local codes and standards.
- Examine supporting documents to include street improvement plans, grading plans, and other documents related to the proposed water improvement plans under review.
- Answer questions and provide information to the public, contractors, consultants; investigates issues and recommends corrective actions to resolve issues.
- Prepare plan review reports or comment sheets noting plan deficiencies; prepare small water service plans utilizing AutoCAD.
- Review the materials submittals provided by the contractors for the construction of proposed water mains and services.
- Asses required permit/impact/assessment fees and construction bond estimates.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in civil engineering
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in checking water improvement plans, reports, material submittals, and specifications for conformance to all relevant standards, codes, and policies
- Possession of CA Professional Engineering (P.E.) License is desired but not required
- Demonstrated ability to draft simple construction plans utilizing AutoCAD
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently (i.e. without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship in the U.S.)
- Valid CA Driver’s License and proof of insurance
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing