Water Field/Maintenance Technician
Chino, CA 91710
Project Partners is seeking an experienced Water Field/Maintenance Technician for a client in the Chino area. Our ideal candidate is a water operations or engineering technician with at least 2 years of experience with water sampling.
Example of Water Field/Maintenance Technician Responsibilities:
- Collect groundwater recharge samples from monitoring wells and perform basic analysis
- Follow established protocol for collecting samples
- Perform stormwater capture support, read gauges, open and close manual valves
- Plan and lay out jobs from drawings/sketches or verbal instructions
- Observe and follow all “Chain of Custody” protocols when transporting/transferring samples
- Perform maintenance and clear blockages as needed on recycled water distribution and groundwater recharge facilities including pipelines, pumps stations, pressure reducing valves, flow control valves and other recycled water equipment
- Respond to emergency system repairs and establish safe work zones, setup traffic control and barricade equipment
- Occasionally work within lines, vaults, and other confined spaces while adhering to Cal-OSHA and departmental safety procedures
- Divert flows as needed to perform routine maintenance or take samples from streams
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent required
- 2 years of water/wastewater repair or maintenance experience
- Strong working knowledge of practices, methods, techniques, and tools used for water/wastewater installation/maintenance
- Some experience establishing safe work zones, traffic control, etc.
- Familiarity with local, state, federal, and EPA laws and regulations regarding water/wastewater treatment and the Safe Drinking Water Act
- Safety policies, procedures, and safe work practices including OSHA regulations and confined-space entry
- Working knowledge of sterile water sampling technique
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently (i.e. without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship in the U.S.)
- Valid CA Driver’s License and proof of insurance
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing