Water Construction Inspector
anaheim, ca Anaheim, CA 92805
Project Partners has an immediate need for a Water Construction Inspector to assist a client in the Orange County area. The selected individual will perform inspections of various water related construction projects at a public sector water department.
- Provide continuous inspection of the work of the Contractor to ensure compliance with contract documents, review testing, and inspection reports; provide inspection work to off-site locations when required.
- Coordinate the Water Inspector’s services with other departments, government agencies, developers, contractors, and engineering consultants; provide excellent customer service when needed.
- Perform and assist in daily duties of construction quality assurance inspection, welding inspection, weld testing, quantity calculations, observing materials sampling and testing, and ensuring all work is in compliance with project specifications and local requirements.
- Prepare daily activities reports, including photographs of the construction progress, key elements of construction; Analyze Project Plans and Specifications for potential defects and deficiencies.
- Prepare calculations, records, reports, and correspondence related to project activities and progress pay estimates; attend construction progress meetings as required.
- Maintain an awareness of safety and health requirements and enforce applicable regulations and contract provisions; complete incident (accident) reports within 72 hours of an incident or accident.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university required
- Minimum of 10 years of experience providing water construction inspection, water field construction, or any combination of both
- Experience overseeing the installation of water pipeline and facility projects
- Experience with the inspection of complex water construction projects in conformance to applicable codes, ordinances, and laws
- Strong written and communication skills with the ability to compile comments on plans, reports, and specifications
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently (i.e. without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship in the U.S.)
- Valid CA Driver’s License and proof of insurance
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing