Wastewater Mechanical Engineer
90293 Playa del Rey, CA 90293 US
Project Partners is seeking an experienced Wastewater Mechanical Engineer with 10+ years of experience to assist our public client in the Playa Del Rey area. The position will be on-site and full-time (approximately 40 hours per week).
The Wastewater Mechanical Engineer duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Perform mechanical design for various wastewater treatment plant improvement projects.
- Process the design and layout of piping, plumbing systems, chemical storage systems, chemical feed systems, pumping systems, solids handling systems, blower systems, and heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC).
- Apply industry codes and standards, such as American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), American Society of Testing Materials (ASTM), National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), etc.
- Conduct independent field investigations and collect field data to support design work.
The selected candidate will gain key public sector experience that can effectively position the candidate to pursue and obtain key, sought-after public sector jobs.
The Wastewater Mechanical Engineer will have:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Mechanical Engineering
- Licensed California Professional Mechanical Engineer (PE)
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the design of wastewater treatment or similar industrial facilities
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Plant 3D and/or Revit
- Envision Sustainability Professional (ENV SP) certification or must attain within two (2) months of being hired
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. (i.e., without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship in the U.S.)
- Valid CA Driver’s License and proof of insurance
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees.
- Project Partners offers medical and dental benefits. You can choose the best plan for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of employee’s medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays, and floating days off
- 401(k) and Profit-sharing programs