Temporary Public Works Director
Lawndale, CA 90260
Project Partners is seeking an Interim Public Works Director for a City in Los Angeles County. The Ideal candidate is a former Public Works Director or City Engineer. He / She will be a Professional Civil Engineer with strong management experience, detailed organization and communication skills and a diverse public works operational background. This position will oversees capital improvement projects, operations and maintenance sub-divisions and public works administration. The position requires a high level of strategic planning, collaboration, innovative and dedication to help improve municipal services to City residents, businesses and visitors.
A strong political and business acumen is a plus along with the ability to adapt to change is highly desirable. This is a temporary part-time job that is highly suitable for a Public Sector Retiree.
- 10 - 20 of consecutive years of increasingly responsible experience in a Public Works agency
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with a major in Civil Engineering
- Possession of a California Professional Engineering License (PE) is a must
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently (i.e. without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship in the U.S.)
- Valid CA Driver’s License and proof of insurance
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing