Streetscape Project Manager
Encinitas, CA 92024
Project Partners has an immediate need for a Streetscape Project Manager that will work on and off-site with a public agency to manage a large urban roadway design City Streetscape project. This Streetscape project is very high-profile for the City Council. We are seeking a Part-Time Engineering Project Manager to work approximately 2 days per week within the City’s 9/80 work schedule.
Project Management Duties include, but not limited to:
- Prepare professional services agreements, request for proposals, construction contracts, purchase orders and staff reports
- Oversee engineering consultants in the preparation of PS&E’s, technical reports, engineering analysis and other task
- Develop and track project budgets, funding plans and project implementation schedules
- Collaborate with local, state and federal regulatory agencies, as required to obtain necessary approvals
- Serve as primary liaison between the agency and contractors, consultants
- Prepare complete project bid documents which include Plans, Specifications and Estimates (PS&E’s)
- Assist with Construction Management services on select projects
- Prepare grant applications and administer grants received and oversees project right-of-way acquisition processes
- Evaluates, and monitors assigned capital improvement projects under planning, design, or construction
- Receive and process change orders and assist with change order negotiations
- Other duties as needed
This is an excellent position for a retired public sector engineer seeking to earn additional income and remain involved with the engineering profession. Project Partners’ top goal is to help you protect your pension and remain compliant with current pension rules and laws while working post-retirement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum 10-15 years of public project management experience
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Valid CA Driver’s License and a reliable means of transportation to and from work
- Proven Public Project Management Experience is a plus
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing