Street Design Engineer
92415-0835 , 92653 San Bernardino, CA 92415-0835
Project Partners is seeking a Transportation Design Engineer. The selected candidate must possess a strong understanding of current design standards analysis skills and proficient in Civil 3D. Must be experience in the design processes and cost preparation for a transportation (road) projects. Excels in initial planning and estimates for road widening/rehabilitation projects, plus provide quality meeting presentations, and have strong verbal and writing abilities.
Typical duties: Design of Transportation Road projects, Initial Planning phases, Road Rehabilitation projects, ADA Ramps, and Drainage projects for the County of San Bernardino Public Works Department. The selected candidate will also analyze alternative design solutions, provide final design recommendations, perform Field investigations/review, review PS&E’s and calculate quantities. Interface with multiple departments regarding right-of-way, environmental and utilities.
This is an ideal position for the candidate who is seeking experience in the public sector. Also an ideal position for a Public Sector Retiree as a flexible work schedule may be possible
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field from accredited college or university
- Must have 10 years plus of transportation and/or public works experience
- Experience with Civil 3D and other design related software
- or E.I.T. desired
- Public sector experience is highly desirable
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently (i.e. without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship in the U.S.)
- Valid CA Driver’s License and proof of insurance
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing