Sr. Water Project Manager
South Gate, CA 90280
Project Partners has an immediate need for a Senior Water CIP Project Manager to provide engineering project management support for well construction / decommissioning, SCADA system upgrades, water main, water laterals and citywide valve replacements, and water facilities chlorination system upgrades. The ideal candidate will manage construction processes, prepare PS&E’s, oversee consultants and develop project budgets.
Project Management Duties include, but not limited to:
- Prepare professional services agreements, request for proposals, construction contracts, purchase orders and staff reports
- Oversee engineering consultants in the preparation of PS&E’s, technical reports, engineering analysis and other task
- Develop and track project budgets, funding plans and project implementation schedules
- Collaborate with local, state and federal regulatory agencies, as required to obtain necessary approvals
- Serve as primary liaison between the agency and contractors, consultants
- Prepare complete project bid documents which include Plans, Specifications and Estimates (PS&E’s)
- Assist with Construction Management services on select projects
- Prepare grant applications and administer grants received and oversees project right-of-way acquisition processes
- Evaluates, and monitors assigned capital improvement projects under planning, design, or construction
- Receive and process change orders and assist with change order negotiations
- Other duties as needed
This is an excellent position for a retired public sector engineer seeking to earn additional income and remain involved with the engineering profession. Project Partners’ top goal is to help you protect your pension and remain compliant with current pension rules and laws while working post-retirement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- Professional Registration
- Minimum 10-15 years of project management of water projects
- Production well experience is required
- Public sector experience is highly desirable
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Valid CA Driver’s License and a reliable means of transportation to and from work
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing