Solid Waste Sr. Environmental Resource Specialist
Santa Ana, CA Santa Ana, CA 92701
Project Partners is seeking an experienced Solid Waste Sr. Environmental Resource Specialist with at least six (6) years of landfill, or related industry experience, to assist a public-sector client in the Santa Ana area. Our ideal candidate will have knowledge of practices, principles, policies, and procedures of natural resource management related to monitoring, planning, protecting, investigating, inspecting, and ensuring environmental regulatory compliance as governed by federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervises, directs, schedules, organizes, trains, and reviews the work of a section of Environmental Resources Technicians and Specialists, and other staff responsible for implementing environmental regulatory compliance programs and studies with an emphasis on monitoring, managing, protecting, and enhancing the quality of land and water resources within the County’s jurisdiction
- Identifies environmental regulatory compliance program needs, prioritizes data acquisition, designs environmental resource programs, develops policies and procedures, formulates, and justifies budget requests, and administers programs in compliance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations
- Supervises, reviews, and coordinates investigations, clean-ups of water pollution incidents, and assessments of non-compliance; prepares and reviews written enforcement actions; may participate in administrative hearings and court proceedings
- Develops, implements, and supervises protocols and requirements for compliance inspections, permit reviews, and verifications of environmental controls at facilities within the County’s jurisdiction
- Four (4) years of experience as an Environmental Resources Technician or higher with a County OR Six (6) years of technical experience which demonstrates possession of the required knowledge and abilities with at least three (3) years of supervisory level experience for supervisory assignment
- AND a Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university, in biology, chemistry, environmental engineering, watershed management, ecology, geology or a related science field
- OR Possession of a Master’s Degree or higher from an accredited college or university, in one of the fields mentioned above may be substituted for up to one (1) year of required work level experience
- License/Certification Specific professional certification may be required for some assignments
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently (i.e., without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship in the U.S.)
- Valid CA Driver’s License and proof of insurance
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing