Solid Waste Sr. Environmental Planner
Santa Ana, CA Santa Ana, CA 92701
Project Partners is seeking an experienced Sr. Environmental Planner with at least five (5) years of planning experience regarding landfills, or related industry, to assist a public-sector client in the Santa Ana area. Our ideal candidate will have the ability to prepare final documents such as ordinances, technical or formal reports, development standards and criteria, general plan amendments and resolutions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plans, coordinates, and prepares projects and studies such as general plan elements, comprehensive plans, and other special planning and CEQA studies
- Research and reviews technical reports, maps, and plans; compiles data for planning projects; and documents sources of information and contacts for project period
- May serve as lead and perform technical planning tasks, such as coordinating, organizing, and implementing plans and programs for effective utilization of land and physical facilities
- May serve as lead to multi-disciplinary staff and contractors in conducting a variety of planning studies or evaluating complex and/or controversial discretionary planning applications
- Provides information to customers pertaining to elaborate and/or controversial subdivisions, legal lot status, certificates of compliance, and boundary adjustments processing
- Provides responsive, high quality service to County employees, representatives of outside agencies, and members of the public by providing accurate, complete, and up-to-date information in a courteous, efficient, and timely manner for technically
- Two (2) years of experience at the level of an Associate Planner at a County Agency OR Bachelor's degree from an accredited U.S. college or university, or a certified foreign studies equivalency in urban planning or a related field, AND four (4) or more years of progressively responsible planning experience OR Master’s degree from an accredited U.S. college or university, or a certified foreign studies equivalency in one of the fields stated above, AND minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible professional level experience as described above OR
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible planning experience. College courses, training seminars, or a combination thereof (e.g. urban planning, regional planning, environmental planning, urban design or geography, land and property development, civil or environmental engineering, etc.) related to the knowledge and the abilities, may be substituted for up to two (2) years of the required experience based on three (3) semester units equal to one month and/or one hour of job related training equal to one hour of experience OR Possess current American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) certification License/Certification
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently (i.e., without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship in the U.S.)
- Valid CA Driver’s License and proof of insurance
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing