Solid Waste Safety Specialist
Santa Ana, CA Santa Ana, CA 92701
Project Partners is seeking a Safety Specialist with at least five (5) years of experience related to implementing and coordinating safety programs to assist a public-sector client in the Santa Ana area. Our ideal candidate will be able to perform lead role responsibility in administering and implementing comprehensive safety program in regards to landfills; and performs other work as required.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leads the countywide safety initiatives and projects; acts as the primary liaison for the County’s safety division in proactively managing and implementing countywide initiatives to maintain compliance with regulatory and county safety standards
- Performs statistical, analytical, and diagnostic review of injuries, patterns, trends, and root causes; identifies gaps and solutions from review of trends; consults with risk management program managers and appropriate personnel to implement improvements
- Manages and coordinates the activities of contracted safety service vendors; reviews health and safety plans of contracted vendors to ensure vendors’ adherence to state, local and county regulations
- Leads the more complex safety assessments, particularly those involving high hazard activities; identifies and addresses gaps; provides recommendations for the elimination or mitigation of safety problems
- Reviews, develops, and updates the countywide safety plans and programs, including safety policies and procedures; identifies and addresses gaps by working in collaboration with safety program managers to improve the efficiency, effectiveness, and delivery of safety programs
- Collaborates with management and stakeholders in analyzing organizational needs to improve and address gaps in training and safety courses, designing relevant content, and developing measurable training strategies and delivery methods using latest learning theories
- Two (2) years of experience as a Safety Specialist with a County OR Five (5) years of experience directly related to implementing and coordinating safety programs
- A Bachelor’s degree in occupational health or industrial hygiene will substitute for one (1) year of experience
- A Master’s degree in occupational health or industrial hygiene will substitute for two (2) years of experience
- Professional certification in field safety such as Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Industrial Hygienist (IH) Preferred
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently (i.e., without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship in the U.S.)
- Valid CA Driver’s License and proof of insurance
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing