Solid Waste Planner
San Bernardino, CA 92415
Project Partners is seeking a Solid Waste Planner to assist our client in the San Bernardino area. Our ideal Solid Waste Planner candidates will have at least 5 years of landfill, solid waste, and/or recycling facility planning experience.
Solid Waste Planner Responsibilities:
- Planning and design for landfill and solid waste management projects
- Review and assess solid waste-related permit applications/submittals to ensure regulatory compliance and adherence to applicable codes
- Issuance of all solid waste-related permits and recommending changes for non-approved permit submittals to achieve issuance
- Research and review technical reports, maps, and plans to compile data for the planning of solid waste/landfill projects
- Development of solid waste collection and management programs
- Research and monitor changes in state and federal solid waste management regulations, environmental impact reports, land use permits, and zoning codes
- Review site, grading, circulation, and other plans/drawings
- Coordinate closely with other department project managers and engineers
- Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Environmental Science, Landscape Architecture, or related field
- Minimum 5 years of landfill/solid waste management planning experience
- Strong working knowledge of solid waste, landfill, and recycling regulations
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently (i.e. without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship in the U.S.)
- Valid CA Driver’s License and proof of insurance
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing