Solid Waste Maintenance Specialist
Santa Ana, CA Santa Ana, CA 92701
Project Partners is seeking an experienced Maintenance Specialist with at least five (5) years of landfill, or related industry experience, to assist a public-sector client in the Santa Ana area. Our ideal candidate will have the ability to perform a variety of specialized work assignments requiring knowledge of plant and related facilities, systems, and equipment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plan, prioritize, and schedule routine and non-routine corrective, preventive, and predictive maintenance work based on demand, workload, and available parts and materials; and makes recommendations on system improvements
- Receive unplanned requests for non-emergency maintenance work; visits job sites and determines the nature of the problem or repair request; selects and describes the most efficient and optimal way to perform the job; identifies, recommends, and sequences the job by specific and logical tasks or steps; determines resource requirements; promotes energy conservation practices
- Perform maintenance planning and scheduling through Maximo
- Assembles the planned job package including detailed work orders, job plan detail by task, labor deployment plan by craft and skill, bill of material, parts acquisition/procurement plan, required permits, technical resources, and documentation of assigned maintenance crew needed to successfully complete the job
- Any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be qualifying for Maintenance Landfill Operations
- High school diploma or equivalent, supplemented by specialized training in the areas of mechanical equipment maintenance or wastewater treatment plant operations
- Five (5) years of increasingly responsible experience in the maintenance and/or operations of industrial facilities, such as those found in a wastewater treatment plant
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently (i.e., without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship in the U.S.)
- Valid CA Driver’s License and proof of insurance
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing