Solid Waste Engineering Technician
Santa Ana, CA Santa Ana, CA 92701
Project Partners is seeking an experienced Engineering Technician with at least two (2) years of landfill, or related industry experience, to assist a public-sector client in the Santa Ana area. Our ideal candidate will have the ability to assist in the preparation of designs, plans, estimates, and perform mathematical calculations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Under general supervision of an Engineer, performs advanced technical sub-professional engineering work, in various areas including review road and flood design, utilities projects, surveying, traffic control, programming, construction management, engineering drafting, engineering support, etc.
- Read and interpret legal descriptions, engineering drawings, and survey notes; perform mathematical calculations; compile and enter data into software applications and compute specified formulas and procedures
- Other engineering and technical services/support for the Landfill and Project Management teams
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in civil engineering
- Two (2) years of experience at the level of an Engineering Technician or two years of progressively responsible engineering experience College courses, training seminars, or a combination thereof
- Prior Internship and/or related consulting experience preferred
- Completion of FE exam strongly preferred
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently (i.e., without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship in the U.S.)
- Valid CA Driver’s License and proof of insurance
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing