Solid Waste Corrosion Engineer
Santa Ana, CA Santa Ana, CA 92701
Project Partners is seeking a Solid Waste Corrosion Engineer with at least five (5) years of corrosion work in landfills, or related industry, to assist a public-sector client in the Santa Ana area. Our ideal candidate will have the ability to conduct field investigations to assess process structures and piping, conduct corrosion related failure analysis with regards to environmental degradation and/or protective coating and concrete lining failures, and design, operate and maintain Cathodic protection systems.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct field investigations to verify the condition of piping systems and structures, and evaluate alternate corrosion protection systems based on Plant conditions, perform Cathodic protection (CP) surveys and review CP system designs, perform coating inspections, failure analysis, and specification review, and provide recommendations for material selections based upon the operating environments
- Experience must include executing complex, high-level engineering work and technical studies, generating reports and technical scopes of work, and performing in-depth engineering calculations
- Conduct condition assessments of process piping systems and structures and evaluate alternate corrosion protection systems based on plant conditions
- Engineering and technical support for maintenance projects; engineering studies; root cause analysis, and condition assessments
- Other engineering and technical services/support for the Compliance Support Division, in coordination and collaboration with Landfill and Project Management teams
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in physical sciences or Engineering
- Minimum of five (5) years of corrosion related work
- NACE Corrosion Specialist or NACE Cathodic Protection Specialist Certification
- Valid OSHA Confined Space Entry Training certification
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently (i.e., without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship in the U.S.)
- Valid CA Driver’s License and proof of insurance
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing