Senior Water Project Manager
93308 Bakersfield, CA 93308 US
Project Partners is seeking an experienced Senior Water Project Manager with 15+ years of experience to assist our public client in the Bakersfield area. The position will be hybrid on-site and part-time (approximately 20 hours per week).
The Senior Water Project Manager duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and review project scope, request for proposals (RFPs), specifications, and engineering designs.
- Implement the planning, design, construction, and closeout phases of water engineering projects, which will include wells, pumps, reservoirs, and canals (open channels).
- Negotiate, administer, and manage agreements for consultant services, design, construction management, inspection, and other specialty services.
- Monitor and evaluate construction work in progress to ensure compliance with approved plans, specifications, and material standards.
- Provide support by performing calculations and plan check reviews for construction activities.
- Organize, review, evaluate, and approve the work of subordinates, consultants, and contractors.
- Represent and make presentations to member agencies, at public hearings, professional organizations, other public agencies, and consulting engineers and contractors.
The selected candidate will gain key public sector experience that can effectively position the candidate to pursue and obtain key, sought-after public sector jobs.
The Senior Water Project Manager will have:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Civil Engineering
- Licensed California Professional Engineer (PE) is a plus
- Minimum 15 years of engineering experience in a public water department or district is desired
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. (i.e., without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship in the U.S.)
- Valid CA Driver’s License and proof of insurance
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.