Senior Water Engineer
Carson, CA 90744
Project Partners has an immediate need for a Senior Civil Engineer to act as Senior Water Engineer for a public-sector client in the Carson area. The selected individual will plan, manage, and coordinate assigned capital water projects.
- Plans, manages, coordinates, oversees and evaluates assigned engineering and capital construction programs/projects; formulates overall project goals and researches, develops and implements project plans, schedules and work activities to meet goals and service objectives; obtains necessary permits and ensures project compliance with all applicable local, state and federal requirements and District rules, regulations and permits; evaluates the effectiveness of program/project activities and makes or recommends modifications; develops computer models and evaluates the feasibility of existing and proposed programs/projects; monitors conformance with project budget and other requirements.
- Directs and participates in the preparation of narrative, graphical and statistical project performance, progress and compliance monitoring reports for the District’s Board, management, other governmental and regulatory agencies; prepares agendas for District committees in regards to assigned project; prepares technical papers and makes presentations at technical conferences; conducts meetings and briefings on assigned project issues.
- Supervises and oversees the work of assigned professional, technical and support staff, consultants and contractors; prepares requests for proposals and advertises, selects and awards proposals for professional services and contracts; prepares and administers professional service agreements and consultant contracts.
- Develops and carries out program-related research and analysis; develops research concepts, drafts research proposals and obtains necessary funding; directs and oversees the work of research staff and consultants; directs or participates in the analysis of research data and preparation of reports; presents research results to District committees, the Board and at professional conferences.
- Coordinates and integrates project services and activities with other District departments and external agencies; develops project partnerships, where applicable, with external agencies and organizations; establishes and maintains liaison and effective working relationships with external stakeholders, other governmental and regulatory agencies and professional and technical organizations; represents the District at meetings and conferences involving District business and community matters related to assigned projects; meets with local, state and federal agencies/officials on assigned project issues.
- Performs legislative and policy analyses of issues with potentially significant impact on assigned program/project operations and/or funding; formulates approaches and courses of action to address issues identified.
- Oversees and serves as project manager for District facilities planning, design, construction and operational services projects; conducts technical review of reports, studies, plans, specifications, RFPs and other documents prepared by staff or external parties; provides engineering expertise on groundwater hydrology, hydraulics, water quality and water treatment; evaluates and identifies appropriate use of water treatment processes, including treatment for contaminated groundwater and advanced treatment systems for recycled water; supervises and oversees the work of contractors to ensure proper construction quality and proper operation and maintenance of water treatment facilities.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university required.
- California registration as a Professional Engineer, a plus.
- Minimum of 10-20 years of experience professional experience in water/utility design and construction.
- Experience working in a public agency preferred, but not required.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively handle multiple projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid CA ID or Driver’s License and a reliable means of transportation to and from work.
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing