Senior Public Works Project Manager
90503 Torrance, CA 90503 US
Project Partners is seeking an experienced Senior Public Works Project Manager with 15+ years of experience to assist our public client in the Torrance area. The position will be hybrid on-site/remote and either full-time or part-time (approximately 20-40 hours per week).
The Senior Public Works Project Manager duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare project scope, and Request for Proposals/Qualifications (RFP/Qs) Review project specifications, and engineering designs.
- Implement the planning, design, construction, and closeout phases of public works capital improvement engineering projects, related to street improvements, curb and gutter, sidewalk, traffic signals, and storm drains.
- Negotiate, administer, and manage consultant services such as design, construction management, inspection, and other specialty services.
- Monitor and evaluate construction work in progress to ensure compliance with approved plans, specifications, and material standards.
- Provide support by performing calculations and plan check reviews for construction activities.
The selected candidate will gain key public sector experience that can effectively position the candidate to pursue and obtain key, sought-after public sector jobs.
The Senior Public Works Project Manager will have:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Civil Engineering
- Licensed California Professional Engineer (PE) is a plus
- Experience in Public Works project management
- Grant fund administration i.e., Federal/Caltrans grant experience is a plus
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. (i.e., without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship in the U.S.)
- Valid CA Driver’s License and proof of insurance
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its full-time employees that meet the eligibility requirements.
- Project Partners offers medical and dental benefits. You can choose the best plan for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of employee’s medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays, and floating days off
- 401(k) and Profit-sharing programs