Senior Engineering Manager
Palo Verdes Estates, CA Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA 90274
Project Partners is seeking an experienced Senior Engineering Manager for a part / full time temporary position.
The selected candidate will gain key public sector experience that can effectively position the candidate to after and obtain key, sought-after public sector jobs.
Essential responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Exercise a high level of judgement in guiding engineering functions so the Public Works Department continues to fulfill its goals and meet performance objectives, including reviewing planning documents.
- Negotiate, execute and administer a variety of contracts and agreements, review and interpret government regulations and requirements. Research and prepare technical and administrative reports and studies and present to the City Council, Traffic Committee and Planning Commission in a digestible format. Additionally:
- Develop and monitor the Department’s work plans
- Delegate work activities, projects, and programs, and monitor work flow
- Review and evaluate work products, methods, procedures, and processes
- Oversee and monitor the Department’s budget and direct the forecast of additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials and supplies
- Monitor and approve expenditures; implement mid-year adjustments; oversee public works capital projects, design and construction, quality control and budget administration
- Select, train and evaluate personnel. Represent the City in outside community and professional groups and committees. Analyze and manage the Department’s various grant programs that support capital improvement projects including Federal, state, and local sources; seek and earn funds where necessary.
- Prior senior level management public sector management with a minimum of 10 -20 years’ experience
- Possess and maintain a Registered Professional Civil Engineer license in the State of California.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently (i.e. without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship in the U.S.)
- Valid CA Driver’s License and proof of insurance
You can also email Jobboard at ProjectPartners dot com (format same as a standard email address )
Additionally, to view this job and others like it go to: Projectpartners dot com forward slash job-board
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees.
- Project Partners offers medical and dental benefits. You can choose the best plan for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of employee’s medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) and Profit sharing programs