Public Works - Sr. Construction Manager
Santa Ana, ca Santa Ana, CA 92702
Project Partners has an immediate need for a Sr. Construction Manager to assist a Orange County municipality with undergrounding of electrical and other associated power pole utilities. Our ideal candidate must have at least 10 years of experience in the public sector managing construction of public works projects and some experience with undergrounding projects. The selected individual will collaborate with City departments (Development Services, Public Works, and Planning) to ensure proper construction management support of utility undergrounding. This is a great opportunity for a retiree who would like to continue working in the public sector.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Directing and managing on site construction activities
- Implement plan for undergrounding utilities; ensure work is completed on schedule and according to specifications
- Identifying and addressing community needs and concerns; Increase outreach efforts to improve public awareness
- Addressing project delays due to actions on the construction site, emergencies, and weather conditions
- Negotiating agreements and work plans between utility companies and City departments
- Provide operational support, budget-related analysis, and coordinating the development of communications correspondence
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Civil Engineering or related field required
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a Construction Management role of PW projects / utility undergrounding
- Professional registration strongly preferred
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively handle multiple projects
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently (i.e. without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship in the U.S.)
- Strong problem solving and customer service skills
- Valid CA Driver’s license
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing