Public Works Project Manager
Los Angeles, CA 90027
Project Partners is seeking a Senior Public Works Project Manager to assist our client in the Los Angeles County area. Our ideal Public Works Project Manager is a Senior Civil Engineer with PE and at least 10 years of experience.
Services to include but not limited to:
- Perform professional project management and design management duties for a range of public works projects including cost estimating, bid and contract administration, and claims review and investigation
- Prepare documentation of preconstruction conditions; conduct field inspections during all phases of construction
- Perform resident engineering duties during construction; evaluate constructability and value engineering reviews
- Coordinate utilities and work closely with other departments from design phase through construction
- Review budget, costs, and schedule controls and analysis
- Coordinate with staff, outside agencies, and consultants as needed; assist with public relations duties
- Ensure compliance with federal labor standards and practices
- Oversee project construction to include testing oversight, preparation of as-builts, and close out
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- Minimum 10 years of public works project management experience
- Professional Registration strongly preferred
- Strong projects/construction management and contract administration skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently (i.e. without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship in the U.S.)
- Valid CA Driver’s License and proof of insurance
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing