Public Works Project Manager
90706 Bellflower, CA 90706 US
Project Partners is seeking an experienced Public Works Project Manager with 10+ years of experience to assist our public client in the Bellflower area. The position will be on-site and part-time (approximately 16-24 hours per week).
The Public Works Project Manager duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare and review project scope, request for proposals (RFPs), specifications, and engineering designs.
- Implement the planning, design, construction, and closeout phases of public works engineering projects, including sidewalks, ADA ramps, pavement rehabilitation, median landscapes, traffic signals, parks, and parking lots projects.
- Negotiate, administer, and manage agreements for consultant services, design, construction management, inspection, and other specialty services.
- Monitor and evaluate construction work in progress to ensure compliance with approved plans, specifications, and material standards.
- Provide support by performing calculations and plan check reviews for construction activities.
The selected candidate will gain key public sector experience that can effectively position the candidate to pursue and obtain key, sought-after public sector jobs.
The Public Works Project Manager will have:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Civil Engineering or related engineering degree
- Licensed California Professional Engineer (PE) is required
- Public works project management experience is desired
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. (i.e., without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship in the U.S.)
- Valid CA Driver’s License and proof of insurance
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.