Public Works Inspector
San Bernardino, CA 92415
Project Partners is seeking a Public Works Inspector to assist a public-sector client in the San Bernardino area. Our ideal Public Works Inspector candidate will have at least 10 years of transportation and/or other related public works experience.
Public Works Inspector Responsibilities:
- Perform inspections of various public works projects in the process of construction, alteration, or repair for compliance with applicable codes, approved plans/specifications, and safe construction practices
- Ensure all assigned public works and ongoing construction projects adhere to state and regional rules and regulations concerning safety and the health/welfare of the general public
- Interpret plans and specifications against code requirements
- Issuance of stop-work orders and citations to address issues of non-compliance
- Graduation from High School or GED equivalent required
- Minimum 10 years of experience as an inspector on Public Works and CIP projects
- Specialized training or coursework in building/construction trades highly desirable
- Ability to learn to perform field inspection duties related to construction/modification of various structures relative to applicable codes, ordinances, and laws; learn to interpret and apply technical building codes and ordinances
- Strong communication skills
- Possession of a valid CA Driver’s License and a reliable means of transportation to and from work
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing