Public Works Engineering Department Manager
Encinitas, CA 92024 US
Project Partners is seeking an experienced Public Works Engineering Department Manager with 15+ years of experience to assist our public client in the Encinitas area. The position will be on-site and either part-time or full-time (approximately 20-40 hours per week).
The Public Works Engineering Department Manager duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the department
- Plans, directs, coordinates, and evaluates the work plan for assigned staff
- Directs the development and implementation of policies, procedures, programs, goals, standards and priorities
- Reviews engineering projects to ensure conformance with standards, plans, and policies
- Assists in the preparation of and monitors the Department, division, program and project budgets
- Manages and administers a variety of operations, plans, and activities which include: ensuring timelines are met; monitoring work quality; monitoring safety compliance; and, performing other related tasks
The selected candidate will gain key public sector experience that can effectively position the candidate to pursue and obtain key, sought-after public sector jobs.
The Public Works Engineering Department Manager will have:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Civil Engineering
- Licensed California Professional Engineer (PE) is desired
- Minimum 15 years of experience in civil engineering and supervisory or management responsibility
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. (i.e., without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship in the U.S.)
- Valid CA Driver’s License and proof of insurance
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its full-time employees that meet the eligibility requirements.
- Project Partners offers medical and dental benefits. You can choose the best plan for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of employee’s medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays, and floating days off
- 401(k) and Profit-sharing programs