Public Works Construction Manager
92054 Oceanside, CA 92054 US
Project Partners is seeking an experienced Public Works Construction Manager with 15 - 20 years of experience to assist our public client in the Oceanside area. The position will be on-site and full-time (approximately 40 hours per week).
The Public Works Construction Manager duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide a bi-weekly written status report for each assigned project
- Forecast construction needs and manage inspection assignments and advise staff to efficiently monitor construction progress
- Direct and coordinate the work of public works inspection
- Provide quality assurances and ensure project conformance with recognized industry, City, State and Federal standards
- Resolve construction disputes between the City, contractors and public
- Negotiate, prepare and administer contract change orders for review and approval
The selected candidate will gain key public sector experience that can effectively position the candidate to pursue and obtain key, sought-after public sector jobs.
The Public Works Construction Manager will have:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Civil Engineering
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. (i.e., without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship in the U.S.)
- Valid CA Driver’s License and proof of insurance
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees.
- Project Partners offers medical and dental benefits. You can choose the best plan for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of employee’s medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays, and floating days off
- 401(k) and Profit-sharing programs