90015 Los Angeles, CA 90015
Project Partners has an immediate need for a Wastewater Process Engineer to assist a large public-sector organization in the LA area. Our ideal candidate will have at least 10 years of experience in wastewater process and operations engineering and will assist leading edge wastewater treatment projects. Responsibilities include writing pre-design reports and process descriptions, preparing process flow diagrams, and performing general wastewater troubleshooting as needed.
The selected individual will have strong working knowledge of wastewater process engineering principles, sanitary engineering chemistry and microbiology, proper conduct of wastewater treatment plant operations, regulations affecting wastewater treatment, wastewater treatment processes design, pipe and open channel hydraulics, and project management principles and practices. The duties may include the following:
- Train and Technical Support -Provide training and technical support to other EED staff on process related assignments. This will include the preparation of reports, presentations and review/training sessions with the team.
- During Project Initiation - Assess existing processes and Design alternatives for upgrading existing systems and processes. Prepare block diagram and evaluate each alternative. Select alternative for implementation
- For selected alternative - Pre-Design Report- Prepare process flow diagram and calculate and prepare mass flows basis for sizing equipment (tanks, pumps). Select equipment type (major equipment critical for operations), Select material, and Prepare process description
- During Design Phase - QA/QC design packages including piping & instrumentation diagram (P&ID) and Prepare process data sheets for Instrumentation & Control
- Specifications - Prepare implementation schedule
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university.
- 10+ years’ experience in Civil Engineering at a process facility level.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good skills in optimizing systems and procedures.
- Good knowledge of construction management.
- Ability to analyze complex problems, identify relevant issues, and formulate reasonable, effective solutions.
- Ability to prepare clear and comprehensive technical reports, charts, and graphs.
- Experienced using Microsoft Office products.
- Possession of a valid CA ID or Driver’s License and a reliable means of transportation to and from work
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing