Encinitas, CA 92024
Project Partners has an immediate need for a Principal Engineer that will work on-site in public agency to plan, direct, coordinate, and manage projects and staff. In addition prioritizing work assignments, projects, and programs, will also provide review of work products, methods, and procedures. Manage and coordinate consultant work plans, design submittals and PS&E’s. Develop RFP/RFQ’s and On-Calls related to current and future CIP plans. Participate in the development and administration of division and/or project budgets and monitors and approves expenditures.
This is an excellent position for a retired public sector engineer seeking to earn additional income and remain involved with the engineering profession. Project Partners’ top goal is to help you protect your pension and remain compliant with current pension rules and laws while working post-retirement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering (Master’s degree desirable)
- Minimum 10-15 years of public road project management experience
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Valid CA Driver’s License and a reliable means of transportation to and from work
- Proven Public Management Experience is a plus
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing