Plan Check Engineer
Los Angeles, CA 90035
Project Partners is seeking an experienced Plan Check Engineer to assist a public sector client in ensuring plans submitted meet and comply with City of Los Angeles Standards. The Plan Check Engineer will perform all plan checking and review supporting documents necessary for permit issuance approval and ensure general conformance with city conditions for approval, engineering design guidelines policies and procedures, and standards plans specifications for public works construction, street widening, street grade changing, and the installation of sewers, storm drains, street lights, and traffic control signals.
The selected individual will coordinate with all stakeholders throughout the plan check process and attend meetings necessary for plan check. They will also coordinate and meet with developers/owners, private engineers, and other city departments, divisions, and sections as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Civil Engineering or related field required
- 10 years of work experience in a design or plan review role preferably with City of LA standards
- PE is preferred, but not required
- Strong working knowledge of City of LA design standards for street improvements and other requirements
- Ability to perform professional and technical plan checking duties related to street improvements, signal installation, and other related projects
- Strong communication skills
- Possession of a valid CA ID or Driver’s License and proof of insurance
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing