Santa Ana, CA 92701
Project Partners is seeking a Junior or Associate level Traffic Engineer to serve a public-sector client in the Orange County area. The Jr./Associate Traffic Engineer will perform traffic engineering work in signal design, signing & striping, signal timing, and Project Management. They will also create drawings in MicroStation. Duties include but are not limited to assisting with design of streets, storm drains, traffic control facilities, and rights of way and investigating complaints and providing information to contractors, governmental agencies, and the general public.
The selected individual will assist with the planning and directing the collection of traffic data, oversee data collection form and content, review and analyze data collected, and prepare a variety of traffic engineering and safety reports. They will also Identify and explain traffic impacts for existing communities within the city and participate in plan check review and processing of plans affecting neighborhoods, city streets, and traffic control devices.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Civil Engineering or related field required
- Coursework in Traffic Engineering/Signalization required, Traffic Engineering experience, a plus
- Possession of Engineer-In-Training (E.I.T.) Certificate issued by the State of California is highly desirable
- Experience with signal design, signing & striping, and signal timing required
- Proficiency in AutoCAD required, experience in MicroStation preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Possession of a valid Driver’s License and a reliable means of transportation to and from work
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing