Interim City Engineer
92024 Encinitas, CA 92024 US
Project Partners is seeking an experienced Interim City Engineer with 15+ years of experience to assist our public client in the Encinitas area. The position will be on-site and either part-time or full-time (approximately 20 - 40 hours per week).
The Interim City Engineer duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, direct, coordinate, and evaluate the work plan for assigned staff
- Supervise, motivate, and evaluate assigned personnel; provide and/or oversee the coordination of staff training
- Manage the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for assigned service areas, programs, and operations
- Direct the preparations of call for bids and recommends award of contracts
- Direct the preparation of plans and specification in accordance with established city standards; reviews and signs plans
- Monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures
The selected candidate will gain key public sector experience that can effectively position the candidate to pursue and obtain key, sought-after public sector jobs.
The Interim City Engineer will have:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Civil Engineering or closely related field
- Licensed California Professional Engineer (PE)
- Professional supervisory or management responsibility experience
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. (i.e., without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship in the U.S.)
- Valid CA Driver’s License and proof of insurance
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its full-time employees.
- Project Partners offers medical and dental benefits. You can choose the best plan for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of employee’s medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays, and floating days off
- 401(k) and Profit-sharing programs