Health & Safety Assistant
Santa Ana, CA 92703
Project Partners is seeking a Health & Safety Assistant with at least 2 years of experience to assist our public sector client in the Santa Ana area. Our ideal Health and Safety Assistant will have strong experience monitoring and administering of Public Works operations, health and safety understanding, and emergency preparedness programs.
Health & Safety Assistant reports to the Safety Coordinator and assists in planning, organizing, and implementing and tracking of environmental, health and safety (EHS) programs for Water Resources and other public works-related functions. The ideal candidate develops, maintains and administers the Water System Emergency Preparedness and Response plans, as well as the Emergency Preparedness Program. Also, responsibilities are and not limited to:
- Assists in developing documentation to makes recommendations for safety rules or practices and to improve current standards. Prepares a schedule of training and safety events and provides initial safety training to all new field operation employees, and additional safety training as needed to existing staff.
- Prepares a schedule of training and safety events and provides initial safety training to all new field operation employees, and additional safety training as needed to existing staff.
- Maintains, implements, and ensures compliance with assigned facilities' or job sites' EHS programs through monitoring and regular auditing of facilities and job sites.
- Provides EHS on-the-job training and facility employee training and monitors compliance with class enrollment and programs. Provides technical review on projects and engineering designs with respect to EHS compliance. Oversees and participates in compliance activities at the assigned facilities.
- Researches, develops, maintains and administers the Water Division's Emergency Preparedness Program (EPP). Represents the Water Division at the Water Emergency Response Organization of Orange County (WEROC) and at the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California Member Agency Emergency Response System (MARS).
- Respond accurately to requests and inquiries to make appropriate recommendations
- Prepare technical and administrative reports
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Health Science or related field from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 2 years of Health and Safety Administration experience preferably in the manufacturing, or Construction. The Public Sector experience is preferred.
- Strong writing skills and command of the English language required
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently (i.e. without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship in the U.S.)
- Valid CA Driver’s License and proof of insurance
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing