Health & Safety Assistant
92702 Santa Ana, CA 92702 US
Project Partners is seeking a Health & Safety Assistant with at least 2 years of experience to assist our public client in the Santa Ana area. The position will be onsite and full-time (approximately 40 hours per week).
The Health & Safety Assistant duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare a schedule of training and safety events and provide initial safety training to all new field operation employees, and additional safety training as needed to existing staff.
- Assist in developing documentation to make recommendations for safety rules or practices and to improve current standards.
- Maintain, implement, and ensure compliance with assigned facilities' or job sites' EHS programs through monitoring and regular auditing of facilities and job sites.
- Provide EHS on-the-job training and facility employee training and monitor compliance with class enrollment and programs. Provide technical review on projects and engineering designs with respect to EHS compliance. Oversee and participate in compliance activities at assigned facilities.
- Research, develop, maintain, and administer the Water Division's Emergency Preparedness Program (EPP). Represent the Water Division at the Water Emergency Response Organization of Orange County (WEROC) and at the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California Member Agency Emergency Response System (MARS).
- Respond accurately to requests and inquiries to make appropriate recommendations.
- Prepare technical and administrative reports.
The selected candidate will gain key public sector experience that can effectively position the candidate to pursue and obtain key, sought-after public sector jobs.
The Health & Safety Assistant will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Health Science, or closely related field
- Health and Safety certificates are a plus
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. (i.e., without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship in the U.S.)
- Valid CA Driver’s License and proof of insurance
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees.
- Project Partners offers medical and dental benefits. You can choose the best plan for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of employee’s medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays, and floating days off
- 401(k) and Profit-sharing programs