San Bernardino, CA 92418
Project Partners is seeking an experienced Engineering Technician to assist a client in the San Bernardino area. Our ideal Engineering Technician will have at least 1-4 years of CAD drafting, permit issuance, or other related experience preferably in the public sector.
Engineering Technician responsibilities:
- Provide administrative and technical support to professional engineering staff
- Draft engineering plans in AutoCAD and review completed plans, specifications, and cost estimates
- Prepare, design, and review plans for public works projects including grading, streets, curbs, sewers, etc.
- Prepare and maintain maps, drawings, engineering records, and files
- Coordinate with utilities companies, developers, and contractors on issues regarding construction and grading permits
- Interpret and explain city codes, regulations and guidelines to developers and the general public
- Graduation from High School or GED equivalent
- Minimum 1-4 years of CAD Drafting or Engineering Technician experience
- At least 1 year of AutoCAD drafting experience
- E.I.T. Certification preferred
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently (i.e. without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship in the U.S.)
- Valid CA Driver’s License and proof of insurance