Dry Utility Plan Check Engineer
92702 Santa Ana, CA 92702 US
Project Partners is seeking an experienced Dry Utility Plan Check Engineer with 15+ years of experience to assist our public client in the Santa Ana area. The position will be on-site and part-time (approximately 10 hours per week).
The Dry Utility Plan Check Engineer duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Review of dry utility permit applications and plans for utility permits.
- Key areas of plan review include conflicts with existing and proposed infrastructure, safety, quantities, visibility, accessibility, aesthetics, and restorations.
- Responsible for also reviewing permits and plans for compliance with city specifications and standards, compliance with requirements from outside agencies, and for conflicts with private facilities in the public right-of-way.
- Assist at a public counter to receive applications, issue permits, and answer questions.
The selected candidate will gain key public sector experience that can effectively position the candidate to pursue and obtain key, sought-after public sector jobs.
The Dry Utility Plan Check Engineer will have:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Civil Engineering or related field is desired
- Licensed California Professional Engineer (PE) is desired
- Minimum of 10+ years of plan review experience in checking street improvement plans and/or utility plans in the public right-of-way
- Experience using ProjectDox is desired
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. (i.e., without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship in the U.S.)
- Valid CA Driver’s License and proof of insurance
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees.
- Project Partners offers medical and dental benefits. You can choose the best plan for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of employee’s medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays, and floating days off
- 401(k) and Profit-sharing programs