Civil Engineer - Wastewater CAD Designer
Los Angeles, CA 90015
Project Partners is currently looking for a Civil Engineer with at least 3 years of experience preferably in water or wastewater facilities design. The position will include assisting senior engineers is the design of wastewater sewer pipelines ranging in size from 8-inches to 108-inches in diameter.
If you are interested in doing interesting design but are tired of the consultant cycle of limited budget and high-pressure deadlines and weekend work, commonly found in consulting firms, then position is for you.
The selected designer will work with our design team, embedded within the City of Los Angeles’s Design Department. There they will work with highly skilled engineers on a large variety of innovative and exciting projects. Working for Project Partners at City facilities means you get the best of both worlds. Interesting innovative projects, steady consistent workload, and regular hours with no weekend or overtime work.
- Prepare 3D models and layouts and perform final drafting tasks from general instructions or conceptual information.
- Demonstrate skills with thorough knowledge of procedures, practices, and use of the Autodesk software, including; AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D programs.
- Assist in design efforts for municipal projects related to water and wastewater treatment plants, pump stations, and pipelines. Tasks include design, modeling and drafting, coordinating workload with engineering staff, and interacting with the design team, client, subcontractors, utilities, and teaming partners.
- Work within company design standards and specifications to prepare drawings in conjunction with other design disciplines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field required
- I.T. preferred, but not required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience preferably in water or wastewater design
- Knowledge and understanding of AutoCAD & AutoCAD Civil 3D software specific to gravity and pressure pipeline design, and general knowledge of earthwork and grading required
- Experience implementing and maintaining project directories and file sharing protocol with other designers and engineers
- Good technical skills with the ability to articulate ideas and concepts both visually and verbally essential
- Effective oral and written communication essential
- Demonstrated ability to use standard computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required
- Familiar with drafting standards (i.e., layers, modeling, editing, annotation, sheet layout, etc.)
- Efficiently able to manage multiple assignments to meet project deadlines
- Experience with wastewater applications
- Possession of a valid CA ID or Driver’s License and reliable means of transportation to and from work
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing