Civil Engineer - Water Plan Check
Orange, CA 92866
Project Partners is seeking an interim water plan checker to assist a local municipality with advanced water system Plan Checking. This position is ideal for a retiree or any individual interested in establishing a water engineering career in the public sector. The selected engineer will assist with the following duties:
- Perform reviews and plan checking of submittal documents for permit applications for construction, alteration, or repair of residential, commercial, and industrial buildings for compliance with city municipal codes and standards.
- Analyze the impact of the new projects on the city’s water distribution system capacity.
- Calculate the plan checking and construction inspection fees for the new water. Improvements.
- Answer questions and provide information to the public, contractors, consultants; investigates issues and recommends corrective actions to resolve issues.
- Prepare plan review reports or comment sheets noting plan deficiencies.
- Review the materials submittals provided by the contractors for the construction of proposed water mains and services.
- Other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in civil engineering.
- 8+ years of increasingly responsible civil and/or process/environmental engineering experience in water/wastewater or related industries.
- Possession of CA Professional Engineering (P.E.) License is desired but not required.
- Possession of a valid CA ID or Driver's License and a reliable means of transportation to and from work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing