Chief Plant Operator
90746 Carson, CA 90746 US
Project Partners is seeking an experienced Chief Plant Operator with 15+ years of experience to assist our public client in the Carson area. The position will be on-site and full-time (approximately 40 hours per week).
The Chief Plant Operator duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise day-to-day operations of personnel, including providing direction, overseeing staff duties, and analyzing and making recommendations regarding procedures and policy.
- Supervise the maintenance and operation of a water treatment plant.
- Collect water quality control test samples.
- Participate in the inspection, operations, and maintenance of water systems.
- Inspect and verify work in progress and completed work of assigned employees and contractors for accuracy and compliance with applicable standards and specifications.
- Review engineering plans and specifications for construction projects.
- Enforce proper safety procedures.
The selected candidate will gain key public sector experience that can effectively position the candidate to pursue and obtain key, sought-after public sector jobs.
The Chief Plant Operator will have:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering or closely related field is desired
- California Wastewater Treatment Operator Certificate, Grade IV or higher
- Minimum 6 years of experience in the operations of a water/wastewater treatment plant with supervisory or lead responsibilities.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. (i.e., without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship in the U.S.)
- Valid CA Driver’s License and proof of insurance
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees.
- Project Partners offers medical and dental benefits. You can choose the best plan for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of employee’s medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays, and floating days off
- 401(k) and Profit-sharing programs