CIP & Building Plan Check Engineer
Lancaster, CA 93534
Project Partners is seeking a CIP & Building Plan Check Engineer to assist a client in the Lancaster area. Our ideal CIP & Building Plan Checker is a Senior Civil Engineer with at least 10 years of design and plan review experience preferably in the public sector and strong working knowledge of local and state building codes.
CIP & Building Plan Check Engineer responsibilities:
- Manage and coordinate a range of public works CIP projects from design through construction
- Ensure regulatory compliance for all assigned CIP projects with relevant local and state codes/ordinances
- Review residential and commercial building plans and ensure compliance with city codes/ordinances
- Provide occasional inspection of newly constructed buildings/structures to insure compliance with applicable construction codes and fire/safety provisions
- Interface directly with developers, contractors and the general public
- Review structural plans and design calculations for a wide range of building types
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field from an accredited college/university
- Professional Registration in the state of California is required
- ICC certification is preferred, but not required
- Minimum 10 years of design and/or plan review experience preferably in the public sector
- Strong working knowledge of relevant state and local building codes
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently (i.e. without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship in the U.S.)
- Valid CA Driver’s License and proof of insurance
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing