Building & Safety Project Manager
Los Angeles, CA 90027
Project Partners is seeking a Building & Safety Project Manager to assist our client in the Los Angeles Area. Our ideal candidate will have Project Management experience designing residential, industrial, and commercial projects or performing engineering plan review of residential, industrial, or commercial projects for a public agency.
Services to include but not limited to:
- Perform professional project management duties for private development and construction projects; serve as liaison between the City and development team
- Review and evaluate building construction plans for completeness and accuracy relative to engineering principles and applications, California Building Standards Code, and building material and equipment standards
- Evaluate structural and energy calculations, fire resistive requirements, disabled access and conditions of approval and recommend necessary changes to plans to ensure compliance with building, plumbing, mechanical, etc. codes and regulations
- Coordinate plan check activities with other city departments and outside agencies
- Prepare reports, drawings, and correspondence including corrections and deficiencies as submitted in plans/documents; verify status of developer document submittal and payment of impact
- Participate in pre-design meetings and conduct field inspections to check building sites prior to construction as necessary; manage process controls such as regulatory approvals
- Concentration or specialization in Structural Engineering highly desirable
- At least 5 years of Civil Engineering work experience in a reading design or plan review role
- Possession of or ability to obtain an International Conference of Building Officials (ICBO) and/or International Code Council (ICC) Plans Examiner Certificate
- Knowledge of fundamentals of engineering design and analysis
- Ability to perform professional and technical plan checking duties related to commercial, industrial and residential building plans
- Strong communication skills
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing