Building Construction Cost Estimator
91355 Santa Clarita, CA 91355
- Reviews drawings and specifications to determine costs and assists in value management on projects; evaluates third-party estimates and tracks market costs to validate estimates.
- Collaborates with project managers in the preparation of contracts and subcontracts and the negotiation of revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements with general contractors, architects, clients, and suppliers.
- Participates in the analysis of proposed and pending capital funding requests.
- Provides reports on various projects ranging from small - to large-scale by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing cost information and trends.
- Provides technical guidance and direction to project managers in regards to specialized methodologies, techniques, principles, and/or processes related to estimating; serves as subject-matter expert to internal and external constituents as it relates to cost estimating.
- Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Proficient with Commercial Estimating Software, knowledge of engineering principals, standards and practices for construction on existing commercial building structures and retrofits. Able to perform analysis of detailed construction information, develop budgetary models, manage contractor relationships, strong writing skills, estimating and scheduling skills, ability to make decisions, teamwork, documentation and is quality focused.
This is an ideal position for the candidate who is seeking experience in the public sector. Also an ideal position for a Public Sector Retiree as a flexible work schedule may be possible.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field from accredited college or university
- Must have 10 years Cost Estimation, Architectural, Public Works or related experience
- E. or E.I.T. desired
- Public sector experience is highly desirable
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently (i.e. without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship in the U.S.)
Valid CA Driver’s License and proof of insurance
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
401(k) program Profit sharing