B-Permit Plan Check Engineer
90025 Los Angeles, CA 90025 US
Project Partners is seeking an experienced City of Los Angeles B-Permit Plan Check Engineer with 5+ years of experience to assist our public client in the Los Angeles area. The position will be hybrid on-site/remote and either full-time or part-time (approximately 20 - 40 hours per week).
The B-Permit Plan Check Engineer duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Review B-Permit plans and documentation to verify that plans meet all written design criteria, including city design manuals, standard plans, checklists, and special orders
- Estimate, plan check and process street, sewer, storm drain, grading, and erosion control plans
- Complete hydraulics and hydrology reports
- Prepare construction documentation, such as Interim Change Authorizations (ICA’s)
- Complete permit closeout tasks
The selected candidate will gain key public sector experience that can effectively position the candidate to pursue and obtain key, sought-after public sector jobs.
The B-Permit Plan Check Engineer will have:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Civil Engineering or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Civil Engineering plan check, including streets, sewers, and storm drains
- Experienced with Hydrology and Hydraulic calculations
- Working knowledge of CADD software
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. (i.e., without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship in the U.S.)
- Valid CA Driver’s License and proof of insurance
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its full-time employees.
- Project Partners offers medical and dental benefits. You can choose the best plan for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of employee’s medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays, and floating days off
- 401(k) and Profit-sharing programs