90280 South Gate, CA 90280 US
Project Partners is seeking an experienced Associate Engineer with 8+ years of experience to assist our public client in the South Gate area. The position will be on-site and full-time (approximately 40 hours per week).
Projects may include:
- Street, stormdrain, and sewer improvements
- Building structural retrofits
- Water distribution
- Street lighting and traffic control
The Associate Engineer duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Design and develop engineering public works plans, drawings and specifications, cost estimates, legal descriptions, and maps, ensuring compliance with policies, local and state codes, ordinances, and regulations.
- Perform field inspections and coordinates inspections with consultant staff on various public works projects.
- Prepares correspondence and various written reports; maintains accurate and up-to-date project files.
- Provide technical supervision to lower-level engineering and clerical support staff in engineering project work.
The selected candidate will gain key public sector experience that can effectively position the candidate to pursue and obtain key, sought-after public sector jobs.
The Associate Engineer will have:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Civil Engineering or related field
- California Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Certification is required
- Licensed California Professional Engineer (PE) is desired
- Minimum of 8 years of responsible civil engineering experience in the design and construction of public works projects
- Experience with GIS and CAD
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. (i.e., without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship in the U.S.)
- Valid CA Driver’s License and proof of insurance
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees.
- Project Partners offers medical and dental benefits. You can choose the best plan for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of employee’s medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays, and floating days off
- 401(k) and Profit-sharing programs