Assistant Power Engineer
santa ana, ca Anaheim, CA 92805
Project Partners is seeking an experienced Assistant Power Engineer with at least Two (2) years of engineering related experience.
- Ability to learn and apply electrical engineering guidelines and standards, work and communicate effectively in both written and oral formats in a team environment.
- Experience with AutoCAD and MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Review and prepare fiber optics plan, work with wireless companies for cell sites on streetlight poles, and update City’s GIS data base and City’s cell site dashboard.
- Work with contractors and stakeholders to address telecom-related concerns, and other related duties.
- Ability to: Perform a variety of professional electrical engineering functions; perform technical research; read and interpret technical literature, drawings, diagrams, and schematics; operate office equipment including computers and supporting word processing, spreadsheet, and specialized engineering software programs; prepare electrical engineering design computations with speed and accuracy; prepare engineering plans, specifications, and estimates for electric utility projects; prepare clear and concise administrative and technical reports; communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; and establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering with EIT or PE preferred.
- Three years of course work in a board-approved engineering curriculum (any curriculum approved by the Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET)). An equivalent combination of experience and education sufficient to perform the essential job functions and provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently (i.e. without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship in the U.S.)
- Valid CA Driver’s License and proof of insurance
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing