Fountain Valley, CA 92728
Project Partners is seeking an Assistant Planner to assist our public-sector client in the Fountain Valley area. Our ideal Assistant Planner candidate is a recent college graduate with 1-3 years of planning experience or a current Urban Planning/Regional Planning student.
Assistant Planner Responsibilities:
- Assist in gathering and recording population, land use, subdivision, and community design data
- Processing use permits, business certificates and assisting with building permit reviews and minor zoning applications
- Review building, grading and subdivision plans for compatibility with sites and overall size/setback
- Communicate directly with property owners on zoning requirements
- Research, review, and make recommendations on pending legislation and regulations related to planning/zoning
- Assist members of the public through planning permitting processes and answer general planning-related questions
- Review final maps to ensure conditions for developments are all met and submit to department head for approval
- Provide general administrative support to the Planning Department as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree (or currently working towards BA) in Urban Planning, Regional Planning, or related field
- 1-3 years of public-sector planning experience is preferred
- Ability to read and interpret development/building plans and property descriptions/maps
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently (i.e. without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship in the U.S.)
- Valid CA Driver’s License and proof of insurance
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing