santa fe spring Downey, CA 90241
Project Partners is seeking an Assistant Planner with One (1) year responsible experience in a public or private planning organization. This position presents the opportunity to not only gain public sector experience but to potentially launch a career in public sector planning.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Receive and answer public inquiries regarding zoning, legal descriptions and zoning violations, and other related matters, either on the telephone or over the public counter.
- Review commercial, industrial and various residential development plans with developers to discuss proposed architectural design, efficient land utilization, parking, etc.
- Review building plans, parcel maps and subdivisions for compliance to appropriate regulations, prepare public notices, graphics, analyses, reports of recommendations; and prepare appropriate environmental documents.
- Assist with preparing staff reports, environmental documents, graphics, resolutions and ordinances for conditional use permits, zone variances, zone changes, zoning codes and general plan amendments, and make presentations to the Planning Commission and advisory boards as directed.
Project Partners is a Professional Staff Augmentation firm that serves Southern California Public Sector Agencies. Project Partners’ has been providing this crucial service for over 25 years.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Planning, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Economics, Geography, Public Administration or related field
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work permanently (i.e. without time limitations, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship in the U.S.)
- Valid CA Driver’s License and proof of insurance
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing