Assistant Director of Public works
Ontario, CA 91710
Project Partners is seeking a Senior Civil Engineer to act as Assistant Director of Public Works for a public-sector client in LA County. Our ideal candidate is a senior or retired Civil Engineer with at least 10 years of experience working for cities.
The Assistant Director of Public Works will be primarily responsible for directing, overseeing, supervising, and coordinating the efforts of employees assigned to public works engineering, transportation, planning, streets, traffic, transportation, and operations and maintenance projects. The selected individual will assist the Director of Public Works in overseeing the city Capital Improvement Plan, coordinating with other city departments and outside agencies, and supporting the city manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Public Administration, or related field from an accredited college or university
- PE is strongly preferred
- Minimum 10 years of public works experience
- At least 5 years of management/supervisory experience in the public sector
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Possession of a valid CA Driver’s license and proof of insurance
Project Partners is Southern California's public sector civil engineering specialist. Our singular mission is to help engineering professionals advance their careers while providing employers with flexible and cost-effective engineering staff resources.
Project Partners provides professional benefits to its employees:
- Project Partners offers a variety of medical and dental plans to choose from. You can decide what is best for you and your loved ones. We pay 80% of our employees’ medical premium costs.
- Paid time off – Start accruing paid time off right away – including vacation, holidays and floating days off
- 401(k) program Profit sharing